Friday, December 24, 2010

Blue Christmas






"I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue thinking about you
Decorations of Red on a green Christmas Tree
Won't be the same dear if you're not here with Me

And when those snowflakes start falling
That's when those blue memories start calling
You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of White
But I'll have a blue blue Christmas

You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of White ..
But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas. "







Christmas....

It's the most wonderful time of the year...for some..unless you aren't feeling it:( Unless you just got your heart broken and you got screamed at by your father....feeling a little blue..
I'm fighting for joy and fighting back emotion, and also fighting to see the things around me that I AM thankful for!

Christmas is so often filled with so many expectations of joy, perfection, happiness, peace. Life, well, it doesn't always FEEL that way. But the good thing about it for those of who know the Lord is that Jesus has come! He came as a babe to bring peace and redeem all the broken parts of the world AND us. Thank God there is something more than the commercialized fakeness that sometimes we see around us, and the expectations of perfection. So fight, fight for Joy when the world is sometimes spinning with chaos around you, and know that you and I can have that deep settled peace in knowing there is something bigger than this. I know that's what I'm fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment