Monday, December 20, 2010

Beautiful..

I've been listening to the song "beautiful" by Mercy Me lately.
It's a beautiful song. Such a reminder that we are cherished and loved by the LORD. The words they use are, "you are treasured you are sacred, you are HIS". As a woman we long to be treasured, and as a single woman sometimes we question why we have not found that person to treasure us. But this song is a reminder that I ALREADY am. I do not have to search for something, because It's already there. Sometimes I long for the Lord to show me in a real way, in a tangible way, His love. Sometimes I long to FEEL held. I think the Lord sometimes uses pain in our lives so that we can experience Him.
In Job 13:15 Job says, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him." Job was not exercising blind faith when he had the courage to say those words. Job had a relationship with the Lord and even though he did not understand God's methods his relationship with God was enough to give him the strength to Trust. I was talking to my pastor and his wife about just my recent experience and through tears saying, but I TRUST God, what else can I do? So I say through tears and throwing my hands up at times, I trust the Lord, what else can I do?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, honest post! You brought me to tears :) I love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete