I love Trader Joes! I found this Recipe from their Website and just had to share...it looks mhmm good..and healthy! I hope you try...and enjoy:)
Quinoa, pronounced keen-wah, is a hearty grain light enough for Indian Summer meals. Pick up a box of Trader Joe’s Organic Quinoa and try some of these wonderful recipes for an interesting alternative to rice and couscous.
Quinoa comes from the Andes Mountains of South America and was one of the three staple foods of the Incas (along with corn and potatoes.) It was known as the “mother grain” and is indeed a healthy and delicious grain, now called by some as the “supergrain of the future.” Quinoa contains more protein than any other grain, between 12% and 20%, which is higher than even wheat. It is also good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. It is quite easy to prepare and cooks to a light and fluffy texture with a bit of crunch. It can be used in salads, sides as well as desserts, and cooks in just 15 minutes.
Spinach Quinoa Quiche
From The Unofficial Guide to Trader Joe's
• 2 cups Trader Joe’s Organic Quinoa, cooked
• 1 cup Trader Joe’s Comté cheese, grated
• 1/4 Cup of Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Red Peppers
• 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Spinach Dip
• 3 tbsp Basil Pesto
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup milk
• salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, pesto and 1/2 cup of the Comté.
2. Press into the bottom and along the sides of a 9” pie plate to form a “crust”.
3. Place in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes to set the crust.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, add the eggs, milk, spinach dip, fire roasted red peppers and salt and pepper.
6. Mix all ingredients well and pour into the prepared crust.
7. Place the Quiche into the oven for 45 minutes.
8. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of Comté to top of quiche and return to oven for another 20 minutes. Place a knife into center of quiche, then remove it. If the knife is clean the quiche is done!
9. Let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting it into slices.
The Unofficial Guide to Trader Joe's is a cookbook, magazine & store reference book all rolled into one glossy, full-color pocket guide. Just $5.95 with FREE SHIPPING!