Saturday, January 29, 2011

WAITING not DATING...true confessions

So. I give up. Seriously. I give up on dating right now. Not in a bitter I hate men way, but in a now is time to wait not date.  I got out of this long distance saga in december, then tried to be a cougar and date this young 25 yr old.  He then responded with, "I listened to a sermon and was convicted, so I can't talk to you anymore." Seriously? Who does that? Apparently 25 year olds. Then my last resort I got hooked up with a guy that I probably shouldn't go out with anyways, was going to go out with him today...and apparently he is jealous and thinks I am going out with other guys so he's not talking to me anymore? Hilarious. He's not for me anways, he doesn't have the same values, I was just bored, and I know that's not a good motivation to go out with someone. Yes, bad bad Leighton.I I know.. I know better. It's so easy to say when you are married or already have someone. Much harder to see when you're alone.

Other than the reality of the fact that both of these guys have issues, I'm coming to realize and hear the loud message that God is sending me right now as he is seemingly cutting me off from dating at every turn.."WAIT!" So I will. I will be obedient. I hear you..I get it. I have to believe in the plan that God has that is much better than the ones I am trying to make for myself.  Gosh I hope its better, because I'm not doing that great of a job.
This verse rings true to me right now from Psalm 19:21, "Many are the plans in a mans heart but it is the LORD's purpose that will prevail." So I will wait, TRUST ..HOPE..LIVE..BE THANKFUL..and remember what the Lord has done and will continue to do in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment