Tuesday, January 4, 2011

GUILTY PLEASURES

So I'm watching the Bachelor, again! I think it's going to be the most "dramatic season ever". I know I know it's mindless smut and I shouldn't be watching it, but I can't stop!! Well I could, but I dont' wanna. My friend Jenny and I have decided to make a weekly night out of it. We go to Pilates, go to her house,have a low cal dessert and watch the Bachelor. Hey, sounds great to me. I'm trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle these days and am recognizing the need for "buddies" in this . I am also recognizing the need for "rewards" of my efforts. So every Monday night..I go work out..and afterwards...sweet smut:)
I will have to say girl from Charlotte is my favorite, she seems genuinely sweet, I think the hairdresser is going to be a hooch though. Anyone else have any faves? Anyone have the same guilty pleasure as me...hehe.

Speaking of adopting a healthier lifestyle. I have been going to weight watchers meetings since the day after Thanksgiving and I think the mental part has finally clicked with me. The leader went around and asked us to make a measurable goal for the next 12 weeks. 12 weeks is a good time frame because it's short enough where it won't get lost in the shuffle, and long enough to see substantial change. I would like to lose 20 pounds in 12 weeks. I say this to you my blog readers (if there are indeed any of you out there) to put it out there again for even more accountability. She also challenged us to think about what we need to do to get to this goal and asked us, "how bad do you want it??" .
I want it bad. I want to fit into my size 10 jeans, and even go a bit lower:) So I am recognizing that I have to set a goal to "move" daily, to stay within my points, and to limit my going out to eat to once a week. I also need to decrease my alcohol intake. I have been realizing that since I have been having a hard time lately I have been drinking more, not necessarily in excess for most, but more than I am used to, so I am really trying to cut that out. So there you have it..a plan in place. A reasonable, doable plan! Happy New year Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment