Saturday, February 5, 2011

Life is a journey..

There are so many things I don't have control of. I've been thinking about all the plans I have and all the ways things haven't quite turned out how I have planned. But there are so many things that are good in the here and now.
I have been given so much , and I'm the only ME I'll have and I need to take care of myself....

  Some of the goals I want to work towards in this part of my life are really committing to be physically and spiritually healthy and to work at that practically. It's not about putting  myself on another plan, recognizing that some things we do out of discipline even when our heart and emotions aren't there.

So I like to have little benchmarks for myself:  Sometimes people think I am setting myself up for failure when I do it. Sometimes I do fail. But I still like to try just the same:

1) So... I'm going to see if I can do hot yoga 30 times within the next 30 days. Hot yoga is intense and it lasts for 90 minutes in a hot hot hot room!  

If I can't do one day, I will have to double up another day..this should be interesting.  Another thing I'm going to try my best is clean eating...here we go! So now that I am done with this darn sinus infection that has had a terrible horrible ugh yucky affect on me, I've decided its time


2)I'm also making a goal to memorize scripture weekly. (I'm doing this with the high school girls I mentor so its super extra accountability)
3) Committing to prayer first thing in the morning

These are small goals. I'm not going to set any more, but they are important.

I've realized these last two weeks of not feeling well how I want to be well and healthy..and want to know how good it feels when my body is at is utmost.

Also I want to be committed to seeking the Lord at all times and be reminded what it feels like to be in a time  of ultimate surrender to Him.  I need to remind myself that he is not the means to the end in my plans and my life..he is the END.

 So all these thoughts and bloggings about singleness..guys..where is he hiding... well ....that's all going to take a backseat for a while... so that I may devote my time and my life to things that are more important anways.  So I guess you can say I'm just doing a little PAUSE with all that other stuff.  Maybe it will come back, maybe it won't but until then I'm going to enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment